Tuesday, August 17, 2010

only 2 weeks left XD

holy crap! I can't believe that there's only 2 weeks till I leave for Nippon and it just feels like there's still heaps of crap to do before leaving. Most things for the japan trip are organised (i think) except deciding on the method of getting to Sydney airport and getting to the hotel in Osaka (fingers crossed Jetstar won't have a bloody flight delay and screw up our plans on somehow getting to the hotel via public transport before midnight ><). had to go to STA and get my ISIC reissued because they printed my date of birth incorrectly. it wasn't the fact that they couldn't input 10 correctly into the computer that annoyed me, it was the way they decided to fix it up when I visited them. the STA girl seemed really clueless about what to do with ISICs if there was something wrong with it. she asked her colleague what to do, i didn't hear what that other girl said, but apparently the solution was to change the 01 to a 10 with a black marker. are you kidding me??? what kind of ID card would be acceptable if there was an obvious texta mark to modify the details on the card? and this card is supposed to be internationally recognised... such a dodgy solution.... so after a session of annoyance and outrage over this solution, the girl told us to come back in 20 minutes. we came back and the new solution was to reissue me a new card, but it'll take a week to process. jeez... why couldn't they have told me that when I first walked in instead of wasting another hour of my day.... *shakes head* it's just simply incompetence and the failure of double checking data entry of STA staff which has resulted in wasting my time.... which I don't have much of left.

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean! STA + admin = nightmare!
    One of them lost our hotel booking for some "mysterious" reason and we had to book at a more expensive place which was a lot more $$

    But not to worry - just gotta take all this in stride cos you've got the best 8 months to look forward to :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Tina: Yea! they take their goddamn time for everything and don't follow up on what they said they would do. i think you're better off making your travel arrangements on your own next time. that's what we did for our japan trip and its been great!

    @ Phie: yep yep! in nippon atm. soo friggin hot from the humidity.

    ReplyDelete