Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Message received....Destination: KOBE!!!

omohwkjfohefefejf!!! I've finally received some news on where I'm going to be living for (at least) the next 5 months, and as the title summarises this piece of news in a nutshell, yes, I'll be staying in Kobe this semester. Hello Kobe beef, nadagogo*, Iron man no.28 and many more things to explore and experience in this culturally rich city! It seems that I'll be staying with an elderly couple, so hopefully they'll like me and won't be too strict on me with curfews that I've heard some people have received with host families in the past.

I'm writing this up at 2.30 in the morning just because I am simply too excited at the moment. It is such a contrast to how I was feeling this morning when I had just realised that I couldn't completely fill up my VISA application since I still had no idea this morning where or who I was gonna be living with. This has just totally made my day.

So update on the progress of my pre-departure preparation:
  • KGU fall semester fees TICK
  • KGU arrival info form submission TICK
  • pick up ISIC TICK
  • apply for VISA
  • book flight TICK
  • change flight itinerary
  • book accommodation HALF TICK
  • dental check up
  • update on wisdom teeth situation
  • get remaining three vaccination shots
  • revise Japanese
  • clean up room
  • learn to cook some meals
  • organise 21st
  • fix up sleeping pattern
  • continue compiling "To do" list in Japan
Looking from this list I've still got a heap of crap that still needs to be done.... gahhh...

*some sort of sake specialty from Kobe

1 comment:

  1. oooh yay! how exciting that you're getting so close to going off on exchange!

    can't wait to hear about what you get up to over there! :)

    ReplyDelete